Wednesday, June 21, 2006

AOL customer support - exposed!

Vincent Ferrari, a "former" AOL customer records his painstaking conversation with an AOL customer support representative, in cancelling his account which he has not been using at all.
He says the annoying conversation lasted 45 minutes to just cancel the account.

Vincent says that he recorded the call, becuase a lot of people today face the same problem with AOL. So, if his cancellation went peaceful, he could disprove them all and if it were to go the way it actually did, he would prove all of them right. So, in any case, he has a good story for his blog.

And here it is:

http://insignificantthoughts.com/2006/06/13/cancelling-aol/

And AOL has officially apologized and has fired "John", the customer support representative for his inexcusable behavior.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is one more story!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Padmanaban Kumar (Paddu @ Just for Kicks) said...

Oh man, thats worse for sure! I mean, AOL is just rubbing sand on people's wounds. I was working for Netzero Internet, who are 2nd to AOL in the drastically shrinking dial-up market. But I'm pretty sure that cancelling an account can be made so tough even if I wanted to. In the years I've been there, I've never heard of any such issue in our customer support lines.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Padmanaban Kumar (Paddu @ Just for Kicks) said...

Correction: I meant, cancelling an account CANNOT be made so tough even if I wanted to...

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

JUST FOR KICKS