Sunday, November 05, 2006

The iconic Griffith observatory reopens!

CNN Uncut

The Griffith Observatory, the home for stargazers and famous backdrop for key scenes and stars like James Dean's "Rebel without a cause" in 1955, and Arnold Schwarzenegger's 1984 film, "The Terminator", re-opened on Friday after a 4-year $90 million makeover.



For history, the Griffith observatory was opened in 1935 by amateur astronomer Jenkins Griffith, with a vision of making astronomy and observation accessible to everyone. The 3-domed building atop the Hollywood Hills, offers a bird's-eye-view of Los Angeles, the second largest U.S city.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger psasidhar@yahoo.com said...

Hmm.. I need to get a car and go there..

Why aren't my comments appearing immediately..

Bloodly censorship!! :)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Padmanaban Kumar (Paddu @ Just for Kicks) said...

Sorry man, I've started moderating my blog, keep getting spammed on and off...So, till Google increases their anti-spam blogging filters, we'll have to tolerate this. But, I must say, it has come down a lot from before.. I'll unmoderate it soon...

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

JUST FOR KICKS