Saturday, July 07, 2007

My new Wimbledon favorite!

Alright, you've seen me talk stories about the Champion, Federer, here. This Wimbledon 2007, esp. after the stunning Quarterfinal match between Roddick and this 21 year old 12th seed, Richard Gasquet, this French guy becomes my new favorite. As proclaimed, his backhand is just amazing, and I believe if there's one guy who can beat Federer on grass, it has to be this guy - perfect technique and absolute elegance.


He came back from 2 sets down to beat 3rd seed Andy Roddick 8-6 on the final set, with 93 winners, majority of those coming from his flawless single-handed backhand. The only other player I've seen in recent times play such fluent, effortless single-handed backhand is obviosuly Roger Federer.

I'm all excited to see the semi-final clash at noon on Saturday between Federer and Gasquet, where for the first time I'm going to be supporting someone against Federer. Hmmmm......

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked his game, but Federer is still the God on grass...

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nadal is going to get the Wimbeldon crown this year..wait and see..!

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! Are you watching it? Looks like your new fav. is no match for your old!

-HR

8:59 AM  
Blogger Padmanaban Kumar (Paddu @ Just for Kicks) said...

Damn...straight sets...However, I'm still gonna bet on this guy for next year's championship..solid foundations and technique can never go wrong IMO...

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

JUST FOR KICKS