Thursday, June 07, 2007

Robert F. Kennedy's speech on MLK's assasination

I hit upon this video of Sen. Bobby addressing his gathering (predominantly black) while campaigning to become the Democratic candidate for the then Presidential elections of United States. He had to throw away his campaign speech and go almost extempore on this sudden news.
Great speech! Great man!



The speech ends at 3:45 minutes

And while I heard this speech, I don't know why, I was reminded of one of the all time best speeches I've ever heard, by President Whitmore (Bill Pullman) in ID4. Here you go!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! That's one of my favorite speeches too buddy. Bill Pullman just pulled it off!

-JB

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bobby is a great person...

12:36 PM  
Blogger Padmanaban Kumar (Paddu @ Just for Kicks) said...

That's right, Jason. Guess even I would get up to go fight the aliens had I heard Pres. Whitmore speak like that live....!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

JUST FOR KICKS